Another important wellness essential product is an ergonomically designed backpack. It is amazing how we can put thousands of pages of data onto a microchip smaller than the eye can see, yet kids are carrying backpacks that are heavier than ever filled with text books. Many schools are taking away kid’s lockers making the problem even worse. Some kids carry backpacks with 40% of their body weight or more. You can see them walking to school leaning forward to offset the weight on their backs. Until schools figure out a way to make the loads lighter, we recommend that you get a backpack that is designed to help you stand up straighter. Our favorite is the AirPack Backpack designed by Core Products because of its patented shoulder straps and inflatable lumbar cushion which when properly adjusted redistributes the weight from the shoulders and upper back into the hips promoting a healthier upright standing posture.
- November Newsletter: Dealing with back pain? A herniated disc could be the cause
- November Newsletter: It’s always a good idea to visit your chiropractor after an auto accident
- December Newsletter: Healthy Eating Tips for the Holiday Season
- December Newsletter: Custom Orthotics Could Be What You Need to Fight Foot Pain
- January Newsletter: Why You Should Visit Your Chiropractor This Winter