How Chiropractic Will Help You Reach Your Health Goals
New Year’s resolutions are often forgotten once February arrives. While you may have meant every word you said when you made your resolutions, achieving your health goals could be harder than you expected. If you’re struggling to improve your health, chiropractic treatment could offer the boost you need to check off the items on your list. Take a look a few ways that chiropractic could help you this year.
Exercising Is Easier with Fewer Aches and Pains
Lounging on the couch seems like a much better option than exercising if your joints and muscles ache. Although a fall or injury can trigger pain, poor posture may also be responsible for your symptoms. Poor posture stresses your muscles, ligaments, tendons and joints and may even pull the bony vertebrae in your neck and back out of alignment.
Posture-related pain can occur if:
- You slouch over your computer or steering wheel
- Your hunch your spine and hold your neck forward when you stand and walk
- You spend hours looking down at digital devices
- Your job requires you to contort your body into comfortable positions
Chiropractic treatment is ideal for easing pain and stiffness, no matter what the cause. Your treatment plan might include:
- Spinal manipulation therapy to realign your vertebrae
- Massage therapy to loosen tight tissues and ease pain
- Ultrasound therapy to heat deep tissues, relieve muscle tension, and break apart scar tissue that can contribute to stiffness
- Traction to gently stretch your spine and reduce pressure on nerves, discs and tissues
- Soft tissue mobilization to reduce tension on muscles and tissues and improve function and range of motion
Chiropractic Treatment Can Reduce Your Reliance on Pain Medication
Are you tired of relying on pills to relieve your pain or concerned about medication side effects? Whether you’re worried about addiction or struggling with dizziness, nausea, drowsiness and other common side effects, chiropractic will help you reduce and manage your pain naturally.
Just because you can buy pain medication at the drugstore doesn’t mean it’s harmless. Taking too much ibuprofen could cause gastrointestinal problems or even damage your kidneys, while liver failure could occur if you take more than the recommended amount of acetaminophen.
Your chiropractor offers treatments that:
- Target the source of your pain and prevent it from returning
- Reduce inflammation, swelling and stiffness
- Improve flexibility and range of motion
- Enhance blood flow necessary for optimum function and healing
When you visit your chiropractor regularly, you may find you get fewer headaches or notice that your joint pain doesn’t bother you as much as it once did. Thanks to the treatments, you may be able to take a lower dose of the medication or even stop taking it completely.
Chiropractic Helps You Manage Chronic Conditions
Do you need a little help controlling a chronic condition? Chiropractic may have a beneficial impact on many chronic diseases and conditions, including asthma, arthritis, migraines, temporomandibular joint dysfunction, fibromyalgia and insomnia.
If you have asthma, realigning your spine reduces tension on chest muscles and allows your lungs to expand fully when you take a full breath. Treatments can reduce the number of tension headaches or migraines you get, or reduce pain caused by fibromyalgia or arthritis.
Visiting the chiropractor could even help you lower your blood pressure. UChicago Medicine Researchers discovered that spinal manipulation decreased blood pressure in patients who had misaligned vertebrae in their necks.
Are you tired of broken New Year’s resolutions? Why not improve your health with chiropractic?
- UChicago Medicine: Special Chiropractic Adjustment Lowers Blood Pressure Among Hypertensive Patients with Misaligned C-1 Vertebrae, 3/14/07
- Chiropractic Economics: Text Neck Pain, Treatment and Prevention, 10/30/19
- WebMD: Chiropractic Care for Joint Problems: What to Know, 10/1/20